Monday, November 7, 2011

First Battle

Just a quick update...

Yesterday I saw my first taste of metal clashing against metal as my dwarves battled the foul taint of chaos Slaanesh demons at my local FLGS. I would love to say that my 500 point dwarven force came out as the winners but in this case they received a disappointing loss. Still with everything that happened and with being my first game in a LONG time I don't think that I did too bad. I played against a Slaanseh force that had a unit of Seekers of Slaanesh, a Fiend of Slaanesh and a unit of Daemonettes.

Learning point... Slaanesh Demons are FAST! His Seekers were dug into combat on his second turn. And my awesome shooting does nothing againse the demon's Ward saves. Plus, it helps when the oposing player only fails 1 armour save the whole game. This just wasn't my day.

What I need to get into my army for my next 250 points is more bodies! It's a really good thing that I've already been planning for this and have begun assembly on more bodies in the forms of slayers and warriors.

Paint continues on the 2 Bolt Thrower units and since I'm going away for work and taking my paints with me for the night to the hotel they should be complete in a week or two.

There is also a group of gamers beginning to play Warmachine on Wednesday nights so I'll begin painting up Gorten and his battle box soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment