Wednesday, September 21, 2011

OH NO... NOT WARHAMMER FANTASY!!!

So, just a quick update. My little brother calls the other day. He states "that he's gone to Games Workshop and bought himself some fantasy models and wants to start playing".

My little brother is kinda funny. He's about 8 years younger than I and he played a few games with some of my armies when we were younger. He always talks about getting back into the hobby but I always take what he says with a bit of salt because it's usually the alcohol talking.

BUT it looks like he actually got the ball rolling. So, it looks like I am going to be dusting off my old fantasy models and I'm going to see what I have to work with. I have the Dwarf battle force and the old Battle for Skull Pass box with Dwarves and Goblins. So I could start from there. I think that I actually have some other dwarves that are boxed up somewhere.

Playing games with him won't be as frequent as I'd like because he lives 60 miles away but I'd say that once a month is prolly a good estimate and plus I can always play at the local FLGS. The local FLGS is actually having a Warhammer Fantasy tournament this Sunday so I'm going to see if I can stop by for a buit and watch a game or two.

So within the next few days I should have a rough estimate of what I have available to work with. My brother says that he wants to aim for a game of 1250 points within the next few weeks. If I decide to use dwarves then it should be relatively easy to get to that because Dwarf Lords are pricy.

No comments:

Post a Comment